Here are a few tips to help prevent and/or stop bullying:
- Talk – Talk to your children about what bullying is and how to stand up to it safely.
- Listen – Check-in with kids. Know their friends and ask about school, interests and concerns.
- Encourage – Encourage kids to get involved in things they enjoy – activities, interests and hobbies can boost confidence and help them make friends & protect them from bullying.
- Model how to treat others – treat others with kindness and respect.
- Respond – When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior, they send the message that it is not acceptable.
Click here for more ideas on how to stop bullying.