Parent Education and Support
Parents As Teachers
Through Parents As Teachers (PAT) you can build a strong foundation for a child’s future and enhance your satisfaction as a parent.
Parents As Teachers is an international evidence-based home visiting program for expecting parents or parents with children age 0 – 5 that promotes optimal early development, learning and health. The program includes:
- Personalized home visits by a certified parent educator. During these visits educators share information on brain research and child development, and provide ideas, activities and suggestions for stimulating a child’s development to coincide with key opportunities for learning.
- Group meetings with parents to share experiences, gain insight and explore topics of interest.
- Periodic screenings of a child’s development, hearing and vision.
- A network of resources for special services beyond the scope of the program.
The Incredible Years
The Incredible Years is an 8-week evidence-based parenting course that helps promote the social, emotional, and academic success of kids ages 2-14. Parents learn how to prevent, reduce, and treat emotional challenges in children through a positive and nurturing approach.
This course runs several times a year, both at OFS and at area schools, so check the PEAS flyer here to find out more.
Beyond Divorce is an educational program for parents going through separation or divorce.
The course helps parents cope more effectively with the challenges that often result from divorce, teaches them how to help their children cope during the stressful transition, and provides tools and strategies for conflict resolution, healthy communication and self-care. Parents learn tools for healthy co-parenting so that everyone in the family can maintain healthy relationships.
How the program works:
- Parents attend one 4-hour class. Divorcing parents must attend separate sessions.
- Each parent attending must call to register individually for the course.
- Beyond Divorce fulfills the court requirement of four hours of co-parenting education.
The $75 program fee must be paid prior to class. To register please call us at 262-376-7774.